Book Featured Banner
This is some text inside of a div block.


You have an obligation to ensure that your personal tax return is completed and submitted to HM Revenue & Customs.

HM Revenue & Customs have clamped down on their late filing payment and penalties policy and have introduced a £100 fine for those who may not even have a tax liability. Not only this, they have changed their system for penalties and surcharges.

You will need to file a tax return if:-

  • self-employed as a ‘sole trader’ and earned more than £1,000
  • a partner in a business partnership
  • money from renting out a property
  • tips and commission
  • income from savings, investments and dividends
  • foreign income

The submission deadline for a paper return is 31st October but if you file online, you have until 31st January after the tax year end.

We recommend completing your personal tax return as soon possible after 5th April as you can. This way, you will be aware of what payments are due to HMRC and ensure you have enough money set aside. If you are in a rebate situation, the rebate will be issued to you promptly.

Please call us on 01227 277667 for further information or email us at


MPH Accountants can relieve you of all the stress associated with completing HMRC compliance. We will ensure all of the requirements are met and the correct forms are submitted on time.

01227 277 667
01843 230256
Twitter feed
MPH Accountants

We offer a friendly and professional service to our clients. Our client base is wide and varied ranging from small one-man bands to large limited companies, and our business principle is the same in that each client, no matter what size, has their own individual requirements.

Whitstable - 01227 277 667
Thanet - 01843 230 256